Monday, October 17, 2005

Vernimmen.com

Vernimmen.com

What a great site!

When I was gone I recieved a message from the authors of Corporate Finance by Vernimmen, Quiry, Le Fur, and Salvi.

The book, newsletter, and website are all very interesting and useful.

The book is 48 chapters (about 1000 pages) full of corporate finance. I have to agree with the authors "It is a book in which theory and practice are constantly set off against each other...."

I really like it. Especially the emphasis not so much on techniques ("which tend to shift and change over time."

VERY WELL DONE!

Moreover, the authors also put out a monthly newsletter and have a web site that could stand alone as one of the best in the business.

Check it out! Vernimmen.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,

Hope you're doing well. Just to let you know that Pierre Vernimmen used to be one of my colleague in my academic days. I posted on the book a few weeks ago http://cyberlibris.typepad.com/blog/2005/07/french_academic.html

You're right they have done a great job!

Best

Eric