Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Update on things

Sorry I have been such a spotty poster of late. Between travel, tests, my own research, and other things (including a dog that got into macadamian nuts--a definite no-no!), I have not had much time.

just some quick updates on various topics:

1. Due to several requests (especially on the NYC trip) I will somehow be bringing back the newsletter yet again. It is such a pain to do, but there does seem to be a demand for it, so I will figure out a way. Look for it soon.

2. I am sure you will hear about it again from me, but if you can, get down and help out in the Gulf Coast region. It really was devastated and they can use our help. If you want, come with us. Bonaventure Responds is the name of our group that is going down over spring's midterm break (March 4-12, 2006). Even if you can only be there for a portion of the time, you will not regret it!

3. The Southern Finance Association meetings were ok. The resort was not ready for us and many people did stay away in the wake of Wilma, but there were several good papers presented.

more after class...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,

Why don't you tell people that the newsletter is your bolg + subscription to your RSS feeds. It is fair to say that a lot of people don't know what RSS can do for them. Your blog is your newletter and it can come to them directly via the feed! As a matter of fact what you could do is offer a FinanceProfessor screensaver which will carry your feed!
Best
Eric

FinanceProfessor said...

gee, my students would love to have me as their screensaver ;) lol...

I agree that the blog and RSS feeds are better. THe problme is that some people have been complaining that blogspot is blocked from work.

I will have to look into the screensaver idea...I had not seen that.

Thanks asa always Eric, you always have great ideas.