Friday, June 25, 2004

SSRN-The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Theory and Evidence by Eugene Fama, Kenneth French

SSRN-The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Theory and Evidence by Eugene Fama, Kenneth French

Fama and French provide a great review and discussion of CAPM with all of its limitations. Why is it used in class? Great model. Main problem? It doesn't work! Paper should be (and was in my class) required reading.

oh, and yes I know this has been included in a past newsletter, but it was so good I figured everyone should see it.

1 comment:

Student said...

I came to this blog while trying to google information that would help me understand this topic.

My prof asked us to write a summary on this particular paper, and I have no idea what it says cause I just moved in a week ago(3 weeks after school started). Am an international student living in Canada and I would really appreciate it if you can help me out by explaining to me briefly what this paper is all about. I know you might tell me I just need to drop the course, but the deadline passed before I even go to the country because I had some awful troubles.

Here are some of the questions I should be able to answer:

What is the current state of the literature on this topic?

What were the authors objective in this paper with regard to the topic?

How did the authors go about acheiving their goal: hypothesis, methodology, data?

What (knowledge, methodology, way of thinking) has the paper contributed to the literature?

I would really appreciate it if you can help me out. Am in quite a rush and I have no one here to ask cause I do not know anyone yet.

Thank you for your time taken to read this. Am looking forward to your reply.

Please send me an email on thedeorganizer@hotmail.com if you decide to help me. Thank you.