Monday, July 13, 2009

Dividend lecture: "Dividends are like getting married, stock buybacks are like hooking-up"

Aswath Damodaran from NYU is truly one of the best professors I have ever seen--a true genius. He is one of a handful of financeprofessors I will drop everything to see his presentation at any conference.

YouTube - Damodaran on Dividends:
"Professor Aswath Damodaran, Professor of Finance from the New York University Stern School of Business, lectures about stock buybacks and dividends. See for more. ."

Quote of the video?
"Dividends are like getting married, stock buybacks are like hooking up."
This class video is from 2007 but it so well done I will include it.

BTW I found this when I was deciding on a new idea for class. I want to do 5 minute (preview/summary) for the most important things in class. (The same video can serve as both preview to help create the mental architecture on which to "hang" the class material and a summary to help students reinforce the key points of the class. (Any thoughts, from either students or professors would be appreciated.)

No comments: