Monday, July 13, 2009

Dividend lecture: "Dividends are like getting married, stock buybacks are like hooking-up"

Aswath Damodaran from NYU is truly one of the best professors I have ever seen--a true genius. He is one of a handful of financeprofessors I will drop everything to see his presentation at any conference.


YouTube - Damodaran on Dividends:
"Professor Aswath Damodaran, Professor of Finance from the New York University Stern School of Business, lectures about stock buybacks and dividends. See http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/... for more. ."

Quote of the video?
"Dividends are like getting married, stock buybacks are like hooking up."
This class video is from 2007 but it so well done I will include it.






BTW I found this when I was deciding on a new idea for class. I want to do 5 minute (preview/summary) for the most important things in class. (The same video can serve as both preview to help create the mental architecture on which to "hang" the class material and a summary to help students reinforce the key points of the class. (Any thoughts, from either students or professors would be appreciated.)

No comments: