Thursday, January 13, 2005

Lopez-de-Silanes resigns over financial misconduct

I do not know what to say on this story. While I do not know him personally, I have been a fan of much of his work for a while now (indeed, I cited some of his work in my dissertaion). I hope it was all just an honest mistake and that he lands on his feet!

CNN.com - Yale economist resigns over financial misconduct - Jan 11, 2005:
"Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, a tenured finance and economics professor, issued a statement acknowledging 'an error,' but neither he nor Yale provided details. The Wall Street Journal, citing anonymous sources familiar with the matter, reported Monday that Lopez-de-Silanes allegedly double-billed Yale for about $150,000 in travel expenses since 2001"

From Forbes:
"It is sad and ironic - more sad than ironic - that a young star teaching governance ends on in this predicament," said Douglas Rae, a professor of management at Yale. "
A list of some of his work from SSRN.

No comments: