Thursday, December 08, 2011

Bottom Line - Corzine: I don't know where missing MF money is

I don't think I expected him to say "well we were short funds and used it to cover losses" but none the less it is an awful lot of money to lose track of. 


Bottom Line - Corzine: I don't know where missing MF money is:
"In his first public statement since MF's bankruptcy, the eighth largest in U.S. history, Corzine apologized to all those affected and said he was stunned when he heard about the missing money. Corzine, a former head of Goldman Sachs, made the remarks in prepared testimony for a House Agriculture Committee hearing.

"I was stunned when I was told ... that MF Global could not account for many hundreds of millions of dollars of client money. I remain deeply concerned about the impact that the unreconciled and frozen funds have had on MF Global’s customers and others," Corzine said.

"I simply do not know where the money is, or why the accounts have not been reconciled to date," he said.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: