Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Bogle Blog!

John Bogle is truly one of my heros. I really do not think his impact on the small investor can be overstated. He has been a long-time advocate for lower transaction costs and less frequent trading. And this from the founder and long-time leader of Vanguard.

From his bio on Vanguard.com:
"In 2004, TIME magazine named Mr. Bogle as one of the world's 100 most powerful and influential people, and Institutional Investor presented him with its Lifetime Achievement Award. In 1999, FORTUNE designated him as one of the investment industry's four "Giants of the 20th Century." In the same year, he received the Woodrow Wilson Award from Princeton University for "distinguished achievement in the nation's service." In 1997, he was named one of the "Financial Leaders of the 20th Century" in Leadership in Financial Services (Macmillan Press Ltd., 1997).
So why the excitement today? Barry from the FinancialPage sent the good news that John Bogle is starting his own blog! The Bogle Blog. It will definitely be a MUST READ!! It even has the text of his speeches etc.

From Bogle's entry from yesterday (May 15):
"The Bogle Blog. Can you believe it? A few months ago I barely knew what on earth a “blog” was, and now here I am blogging. I’m excited, however, about the opportunities this new website will offer me, and hope that what you find here keeps you coming back to check in."
I for one am sure I will be checking in regularly!


Thanks again to Barry at the FinancialPage!

No comments: